2006 Alfa Romeo Diva Concept

alfa_romeo_diva_1.jpg

The Alfa Romeo Diva Concept was revealed at the Geneva Motor Show earlier this year. The Alfa Romeo Diva Concept was developed in a joint effort beween Fiat Auto’s R&D arm Elasis, the Alfa Romeo style center and the Espera design school. It was built to celebrate the Espera design school’s 10th anniversary.

alfa_romeo_diva_2.jpg

The Alfa Romeo Diva Concept was built on an Alfa Romeo 159 chassis, and this was heavily modified by Elasis R&D to accept an Alfa 147 GTA engine mounted in mid-ship position. The Alfa 147 engine is a 3.2 litre 24-valve DOHC V6 engine making 290hp, which is more than enough for a car that only weighs 1100kg. This engine is mated to an Alfa Romeo Selespeed gearbox, which featuers six forward speeds and a paddle shift feature mounted on the steering column.

The front grille is the typical Alfa Romeo nose. The car’s overall look and feel was influenced by the iconic Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale. The Alfa Romeo Diva Concept’s light weight, minimalist interior and good power to weight ratio actually puts it somewhere in the Lotus Elise category. But the boys from Lotus need not worry as the Diva is likely not to go into production.

alfa_romeo_diva_3.jpg

alfa_romeo_diva_4.jpg

Video: Alfa Romeo Diva Concept

Looking to sell your car? Sell it with Carro.

Certified Pre-Owned - 1 Year Warranty

10% discount when you renew your car insurance

Compare prices between different insurer providers and use the promo code 'PAULTAN10' when you make your payment to save the most on your car insurance renewal compared to other competing services.

Car Insurance

Paul Tan

After dabbling for years in the IT industry, Paul Tan initially began this site as a general blog covering various topics of personal interest. With an increasing number of readers paying rapt attention to the motoring stories, one thing led to another and the rest, as they say, is history.

Comments

• cyrixMX (Member) on Jun 13, 2006 at 4:11 pm

made in italy made mini ferrari :) u guys think the dashboard controls are too gross?

Like or Dislike: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0
  • raptorclans (Member) on Jun 13, 2006 at 4:15 pm

Beautiful Bella… wow… sad that we won't see this go into production…

• Denniz (Member) on Jun 13, 2006 at 4:24 pm

Enzo? :P

Interior is bad.

• raptorclans (Member) on Jun 13, 2006 at 4:24 pm

the led lights are cool… the rear design echoes older alfa fronts… ie alfetta or gtv6… totally awesome~

• raybrig85 (Member) on Jun 13, 2006 at 4:28 pm

finally…hv seen the video…tried search it…anyway paul…where do u get the video???

maybe this bella will go into production…i hope so…like brera and 8c competizione…for a begining jz a concept…but then…got a lot of feedback frm public…go into production…

the dashboard…its jz a concept…we know alfa interior is one of the best looking and classy….

• Tracks (Member) on Jun 13, 2006 at 4:30 pm

The front end looks a bit like the Enzo and the curvature profile at the sides looks a bit like the Elise. All in all it is a beatifully crafted car. Really good power to weight ratio as well. Too bad it is not planned for production. Interior looks dated though. Handling wise no info. Never the less, good styling package.

• assimo (Member) on Jun 13, 2006 at 4:42 pm

Not for production?…so who got money can make special order la…hahaha…love the door opener styling,make me recall to Toyota Sera.About the interior not so much different with Lotus Elise,all too simple and for practical only to reduce weight.Selespeed is nice feature…nyam..nyam…

• revver (Member) on Jun 13, 2006 at 4:51 pm

U-G-L-Y

• raybrig85 (Member) on Jun 13, 2006 at 5:01 pm

hopefully they will make this car into production…i dunno why coz it will not effecting others…like 8c competizione..plan to go into production,but then they hv to discuss back bcoz 8c competizione maybe will effect the sales of thier siblings,ferrari and maserati…but then…with a demand frm public..they will produce the 8c competizione…but this beast…i think they should produce it…compete with elise…it should be more interesting…this beast is damn pretty and really pretty than elise…

btw paul…hopefully ull post lotsa news frm italian carmakers soon…

paul…got news about audi a7 in other site…competitor for merc cls…hopefully ull post about it soon…jz wanna share info with this guyz…good work paul…

• cratzelogy (Member) on Jun 13, 2006 at 5:15 pm

i have seen people playing drifts with old RWD Alfas but with this baby coming out, i see competition with Elise, VX220, Mr2… and more.

• motorhead (Member) on Jun 13, 2006 at 5:25 pm

Look gorgeous, but not practical.. especially front side.. many room wasted.. F1 nose is really not necessary…

• raybrig85 (Member) on Jun 13, 2006 at 5:40 pm

motorhead..it is necessary for the aerodynamic…mostly car like this…like lotus elise too is built for driving pleasure and speed…it is like a mini sport car…i think it should be ok for that…

• silverfish (Member) on Jun 13, 2006 at 6:26 pm

Now this is a pretty car. Compare that to the endless grey lumpen shapes from Germany.

Anyway, Paul the 147 GTA engine is a 3.2 litre V6, not an inline 6 as posted.

• silverfish (Member) on Jun 13, 2006 at 6:31 pm

Alfa Romeo should build that and the 8C Competizione. It would deffo help with rebuilding the brand image.

• raybrig85 (Member) on Jun 13, 2006 at 6:40 pm

silverfish…8c competizione is confirm for production…maybe mid 2007…with 4.2 V8 (400+ bhp)RWD (not confirm yet but it derived frm the maserati powerplant)…and maybe jz 500 units is available…hopefully this beast also into production…

• stanleyshyeoh (Member) on Jun 13, 2006 at 6:44 pm

Ugly exterior especially the front. Backside design also looks a bit dated. Interior looks like shit. Center console looks like a CPU.

• KY (Member) on Jun 13, 2006 at 6:56 pm

The Elise is less than 900 kg, depending on configuration, it can go down to around 810kg. Probably can still eat this alfa for lunch around the bend. :D

This alfa looks more like a ferrari tho, thanks to the fiat collaboration I guess.

• raybrig85 (Member) on Jun 13, 2006 at 7:15 pm

alfa,ferrari,maserati,lancia and fiat is under one roof…fiat is the mother…for sure it has a bit similar to ferrari…and the other siblings…

• assimo (Member) on Jun 13, 2006 at 9:01 pm

well,if wanna drive this car,remember to wearing body armour and full face to protect your self la…see..no airbag la…

• motorhead (Member) on Jun 13, 2006 at 9:53 pm

okeylah raybrig85, since u said Alfa & ferrari under 1 roof, the F1 nose is oklah…

• amir (Member) on Jun 14, 2006 at 12:00 am

interior suckz…exterior boleh tahan….pe2 alfa romeo is the costliest bitch ever…..pelacur paling mahal :P

• jtshin (Member) on Jun 14, 2006 at 1:05 am

aiks… I don't really like the design… and the interior really sucks… too 'rally' designed… only for rally car drivers. The worst Alfa design ever… that's my opinion…

• bolo (Member) on Jun 14, 2006 at 2:16 am

Looks like an updated alfa tipo 33 stradale. But I still the think the original article looks way better. It is great to see Alfa building mid engine rear drive cars again, even if it is just a prototype.

http://www.autozine.org/Classiccar/html/Alfa/Tipo…

• raybrig85 (Member) on Jun 14, 2006 at 2:52 am

hopefully go into production…jz a prototype…dats y the interior not cool…but 33 stradale is better looking than this car but this car is more garang than the 33 stradale…

• DAN (Member) on Jun 14, 2006 at 3:04 am

that what we say , people that know how to made car.

• ryan_foong80 (Member) on Jun 14, 2006 at 5:37 am

well i like the front light,but totally the design looks like copy from others …

• raybrig85 (Member) on Jun 14, 2006 at 3:28 pm

copy frm others???example??

• bolo (Member) on Jun 14, 2006 at 5:53 pm

alfa has a habit of turning concept cars into production cars like the brutal looking alfa sz
    http://www.carrozzeria-alfa.no/images/salgsobjekt…
    This car started as a show car with alfa 75 running gears, when the response was good alfa decided to put it into production. I even spotted 1 unit somewhere in sungai besi recently, a quick check on the sz registry confirmed that it is the one and only unit in malaysia. By the looks of it the diva is pretty well developed, so if the response is good, fiat may just order alfa to produce it to grab the light weight sports car market.

• raybrig85 (Member) on Jun 14, 2006 at 6:29 pm

when did u see the sz???actually…as i know the only owner for the sz in m'sia is ron lim which working for alfa but now with the lamborghini dealership…btw…he had sold his sz i think…now…dunno who own his sz…

• szw (Member) on Jun 15, 2006 at 4:28 am

not very exciting .

da styling like seen b4 edi .

not so nice !

• bolo (Member) on Jun 15, 2006 at 5:45 pm

raybrig85,

I saw the car driving in the opposite direction near the old F&N factory. Could'tn even see the driver's face as it was LHD! To me, the SZ's alfetta platform with its rear gearbox/transaxle, in board disc and de-dion suspension is the last "real" alfa. The recent front drive models are just repackaged fiats. My dream is to own the last alfetta GTV6.

• Akazamabamaboo (Member) on Jul 13, 2006 at 6:40 pm

WOW!!! Alfa should push it into production soon!!!

• Andre' Jansen v on Jan 23, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Hi,

This is absolutely awesome!

I am a huge Alfa Romeo fan and currently own a 1985 2.5 GTV6 and a Brera Q4. I also have a big collection of scale model Alfa's.

Regards

Andre'

Add a comment

required

required